Storage connections set up a cloud storage integration for AVITI Systems to transfer sequencing data to a cloud storage bucket. Elembio Cloud centrally manages the storage connections for all connected systems.
Elembio Cloud supports the following cloud providers:
- Amazon Web Services Simple Storage Service (AWS S3)
- Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
Storage Location Data Upload
A sequencing run continuously uploads data from the instrument to a cloud storage bucket. AVITI OS streams data directly to the bucket, which you fully own and control. The storage connection configuration in Elembio Cloud provides the permissions to generate temporary credentials that let the instrument communicate with the bucket. If the network connection experiences a disruption, the instrument caches data and retries the upload until it succeeds.
Storage Connections Cards
The Storage page displays cards for each available storage connection. Badges indicate connection status and the default connection. Associated Runs links display all the runs associated with the connection.
Storage cards display the following information:
- Connection Name: The user-defined name for the storage connection
- Storage Type: S3 or GCS
- Last Used: Timestamp of the last data transfer attempt from a connected system to the storage location
- Last Verified: Timestamp of the last successful verification for the storage connection
- Bucket Name: The name of the cloud storage bucket with a link to the location
- Prefix: If applicable, the object prefix for the storage location
- Region: If applicable, the bucket region for an AWS S3 storage connection
- Credentials: Either the
Rolefor the storage connection
Managing Storage Connections
All users can view and verify storage connections. An administrator can also add, edit, and delete storage connections or set the default.
To add or edit a storage connection, see the page for the provider:
Verify a Storage Connection
Verifying a storage connection makes sure the correct permissions are in use for data transfers. To verify permissions, Elembio Cloud creates a text file named
elembio-read-write.txt in the
ConnectionTest folder of the storage connection root path.
- On the card for the connection, select Verify.
- Make sure that a success message appears and the storage card displays a green connection badge.
- If a red error message appears, consult an administrator to reconfigure the connection. See Troubleshooting Storage Connections.
- Access the
ConnectionTestfolder in the storage location to make sure Elembio Cloud successfully deposits an
elembio-read-write.txtfile, which shows the date of successful verification.
Set a Default Storage Connection
The default storage connection is the default selection in run setup for AVITI Systems associated with the organization. If you set a default but want to use a different storage connection for a run, you can manually make the change during run setup.
- On the card for the connection, select More, and then select Set As Default.
- When prompted, select Set As Default.
The card displays the Default badge.
- Make sure the default storage connections set in AVITI OS and Elembio Cloud are the same.
The instrument default in AVITI OS can override the default in Elembio Cloud.
Delete a Storage Connection
Deleting a storage connection from Elembio Cloud removes the connection from associated systems.
- On the card for the connection, select More, and then select Delete.
- When prompted, in the Storage Name field, enter the name of the storage connection.
- Select Delete.
Troubleshooting Storage Connections
If Elembio Cloud cannot verify a storage connection, make sure all storage connection settings are correct. Review setting requirements and recommendations in the Element AVITI System Site Prep Guide (MA-00007).